Computer science must continually evolve to meet these challenges. At Georgia Tech we will continue to lay the groundwork in research and education to produce the ideas and people to drive this future.
A look back at 2013 in the Georgia Tech School of Computer Science
- SCS welcomes new faculty member Hadi Esmaeilzadeh and congratulates Hyesoon Kim on her promotion to associate professor.
- The College of Computing announced our on-line Masters program OMS CS with most of the first set of courses taught by faculty in the School of Computer Science. We have about 400 students in the first cohort with the first set of courses recorded and ready to go.
- OMS made it into a speech of Obama who calls Georgia Tech "a national leader in computer science".
- SCS Professor Kishore Ramachandran and several other members of the SCS community are named IEEE Fellows.
- Ellen Zegura, already an IEEE Fellow, gets named to the new class of ACM Fellows.
- Mayur Naik receives an NSF Career Award.
- We sadly said goodbye to Mary Jean Harrold.